Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Ask Emily and Rachel...

Question from C,
“ Hi Rachel and Emily! I’ve been thinking about this for a long time now, and I was wondering how I should confront my teacher that discriminates me because I’m a girl or how do you think I should address the situations?”

Emily: That is disappointing to hear, and should not be happening to you! I guess if it were me, I would bring this problem to a teacher I’m close or feel comfortable with. Start by telling them the problem and then go from there. I hope that helps!

Rachel: Hello, I am sorry to hear what you are going through. It is discouraging to see this within our society. Keep doing your best and if you can prove to the authority that he is discriminating you based on your gender, there is a high possibility that he will be punished. If that does not help, then I would ask your parents for assistance. Best of luck-sorry again.

Question from O,
“ What’s the best way to empower a highschool girl?”

Emily: Hi O, great question! You could empower a highschool girl by maybe asking them questions to make them feel as though they are in charge.  Try supporting and encouraging them in all that they do!

Rachel: Hello, being a young girl in highschool can be very challenging. Girls are constantly trying to fit in and be like everyone else. By encouraging girls and making them feel important you are empowering them. Try to help guide them towards the right answer and away from the wrong ones no matter what kind of person they are or the actions that they take. Tell them that they can do it!


Question from H,
“Do you have any tips on how to be a confident woman?”

Emily: Great to hear from you! I know sometimes it is difficult to be confident because you’re constantly comparing yourself to others. I guess I would say that you should just learn to accept yourself and learn not to compare yourself to others because everyone is different. You are perfect just the way you are and you need to know that. Believe in yourself, and even if you are not confident just act like you are, trust me it will work! I hope this helped you, thanks for the question.

Rachel: You just need to love yourself and as Emily stated, stop comparing yourself to others. Being different is beautiful and different matters in this world. So be confident in who you are and never stop.




That is all for this week, thank you to everyone for sending in questions. Sorry that we could not answer them all. Don’t forget to send them in for next week. Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment